Re: [CQ-Contest] Odd way of making a contest exchange

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Odd way of making a contest exchange
From: "Charles Morrison" <cfmorris@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 23:15:07 -0600
> From: "Paul Beringer" <ng7z@arrl.net>
> Subject: [CQ-Contest] Odd way of making a contest exchange
> To: "CQ contest list" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
>

> Anyone else have this happen to them and what did you do? I'd just log the
> exchange and finish up. I guess that's about all you can do.
>
> 73 Paul NG7Z
> --

Paul, I usually give them the Exchange and TU all in one transmission, some
get it and don't come back, others don't and still send tu.  When I see the
TU at the beginning I immediately hit the F1 button regardless of it they're
transmitting or not.  My CQ comes at the end of my transmission so if
someone copies the call and the remainder of the transmission, they know
it's a cq.

I've got a better one though.  I actually got 2 of these.  The other
operator would send the entire exchange (along with a unneeded 599) and the
callsign at the very end.  Like:

NA KI5XP CQ
KI5XP 599 OK OK OK JIM JIM JIM WW1WWW TU
WW1WWW CHAS LA LA QRZ KI5XP

Charlie
KI5XP