Re: [CQ-Contest] Public access to logs

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Public access to logs
From: W5KI@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 10:56:52 EST

So...  it sounds like a CURRENT INTERPRETATION by the  ARRL is needed before
Hans receives much more grief ....  ;>)

Steve, W5KI

In a message dated 2/29/2008 9:41:43 A.M. Central Standard Time,
w9sz@prairienet.org writes:

Anyone going for ARRL awards cannot use confirmations of these  QSO's for
awards. Until the rules are changed, that's the way it's going  to be.

I know a lot of contesters aren't in it for DXCC, WAS, etc. but  recently
VP6DX participated in ARRL DX CW and I'll bet some people want  QSL's for
their QSO's in that contest so they can submit for DXCC. If they  put full
logs up on internet with all the QSO information including dates,  times
and bands of the QSO's, those QSO's would be ineligible for ARRL  awards.

73, Zack W9SZ

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)