Re: [CQ-Contest] Public access to logs

To: "CQ Contest Reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>, "Tom Frenaye" <frenaye@hughes.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Public access to logs
From: "VE5ZX" <ve5zx@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 08:56:37 -0600
> CQ announced their policy of open logs in the rules for the 2006 CQWW as I
> recall...

In 2006 the rules read

5. We want your electronic log. The Committee requires an electronic log for
any possible high-scoring log. By submitting a potential high-scoring log to
the CQ WW Contest, the entrant agrees to have the log open to the public.

In 2007 there was a small change

4. We want your electronic log. The Committee requires an electronic log for
any possible high-scoring log. By submitting a log to the CQ WW Contest, the
entrant agrees to have the log open to the public. If possible, we would
appreciate complete frequencies in the log.

It is great that the CQWW took the bold move to have open contest logs!
Adjudication transparency is a good thing! Mark these words -- eventually
the ARRL will adopt an open log policy too.

Sylvan - VE5ZX