Re: [CQ-Contest] Public access to logs

To: <rt_clay@bellsouth.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Public access to logs
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 00:11:40 -0500
> It seems to me that CQ Magazine is NOT the station operator,
> operators, or an associated party, so posting logs they
> receive from contest entrants will not affect DXCC status at all.

CQ Magazine becomes an associated party the instant they receive the
logs and decide to release them.

It is time for the CQ Awards Committee and their various contest
committees to back away from this dangerous "confrontation."
Although I respect the work done by members of the various
contest committees, they have no right to willfully violate the
rules of a program that is important to a large percentage of
the contest participants.