Re: [CQ-Contest] Public access to logs

To: "CQ Contest List" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Public access to logs
From: "Bob Davis" <bob@reconstructinghistory.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 08:24:36 -0500
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
To: <wn3vaw@verizon.net>; "'CQ Contest Reflector'"
<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2008 4:09 PM

> The only thing the CQWW Committee would need to do is remove
> the name/address/etc. data from the head of the Cabrillo log
> and rename the log with a random number.  At that point, the
> logs are entirely suitable for statistical analysis on an
> aggregate basis and any one log can easily be compared to the
> average of other logs.

Which works fine for the purposes of this discussion - a good solution.
However, there is an unfortunate consequence - anyone wishing to perform
propagation analysis is screwed, because one end of the path is now unknown.
I'm not saying I do this sort of propagation analysis, but isn't that a
rather important part of our justification for "jamming" the bands
periodically?

Cheers,

Bob NQ3X

http://www.freewebs.com/nq3x

Random Thought: The existence of flamethrowers is proof that someone,
somewhere, said to himself, 'I want to set those people over there on fire,
but I don't feel like walking over there to do it.'