Re: [CQ-Contest] arrl dx ssb spotting report

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] arrl dx ssb spotting report
From: "i4ufh" <i4ufh@libero.it>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 10:52:02 +0100
Based on the David report all these spots have as IP source address the
Static IP  address of our ADSL connection at IR4T.

First of all thank's to David for these reports, they can help everyone to
understand how the operators are aware from the networks issues, and how
these networks are easy to hack.

We are pretty sure that these spot was not generated from our IP address
that we hold, we were only 2 PC connected on the network, and well Linux
firewalled,  this is sure a good success of a hacking technique called IP
address spoofing. For more details probable David could be more detailed
than me, plase take a look at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_address_spoofing for basic informations

Analizing these Spot 9 call are not valid (WA2BKL, W3GML, KA2CBW, W4FZA,
K4ZFP, N1DXV, KD4FKO, K0HHJ, WA3FG )
Other calls are still on FCC database.

The 1x2 West Coast call (W6HJ, W7HL, W7NJ, W6RA, W6IL ) are fool call too
easy to type on the keyboard in random way, and 2 of them ( W6RA, W6IL )
claim to be in CA but the are resident (www.qrz.com ) in Oregon and Georgia,
and really belive me they was so incredible with such band condition ...

The comment "poor" in the W6HJ, K2RA spot is clearly a no USA slang origin.

Related to AA1N, K0TV, K0HA I had personally worked them  and viewed the
spot few seconds after the QSO, with TNX comment. I don't really know if
these spots were sended from the respective stations or not, but really
believe me I will not surely send a spot to confirm a myself QSO  !! If they
are reading this post , hope they remember it  !!!  A direct email will be
sended to ask them if remember such spot sending...

These brief comment is only take with care about these analyses, because IP
spoofing, IP routing, or IP masking can be easy used from smart bad guys,
that from my opinion could spend better their time enjoy radio and
contesting instead of loosing time and  smiling above a possible flame
around these issues

Personally next time i wll filter all spots with @ that denote a WEB Spot,
and as suggest i vote for a banning of the WEB spot feature to avoid these
false
accusations, and this bad pratice of anonymous spots.

Best 73 de I4UFH