Re: [CQ-Contest] Skimmer for Propagation Analysis

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Skimmer for Propagation Analysis
From: "Marijan Miletic" <s56a@bit.si>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 21:50:26 +0100
AB7E: My thought was that Skimmer could be written to capture the grid
square of ALL of
the stations it heard if that were part of the report.

Small step is required on behalf of hamradio community in sending grid
square instead of QTH or multiplier.
Skimmer can easily detect signal strength so we can finally help ITU in
automated propagation research and justify our free use of spectrum.
Contest scoring could be also improved with distance calculated instead of
unjust continents system favoring unpopulated border areas.

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU