Re: [CQ-Contest] qrp-declaration...

To: DL8MBS <prickler.schneider@t-online.de>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] qrp-declaration...
From: <ve4xt@mts.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 11:15:39 -0500
Hi Chris,

Glad to see I'm not alone in thinking the /qrp is a bad idea!

I'm just curious, however: how does adding anything to either the call (the
/qrp) or the exchange
prevent cheating? A cheat will do whatever you require him to do to cover up
his cheating. And as we
know, relative signal strength just is not proof of excess power: lots of QRP
stations sound QRO and lots
of QRO stations sound QRP just because of skip angles.

Aside from having wattmeter-bearing referees in every shack, there seems to be
just no way to address
power cheating.

73, kelly
ve4xt