Re: [CQ-Contest] Get out of jail free card

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Get out of jail free card
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 17:34:21 -0400
And once again, I strongly object to the notion that we be required to
record our operation on the chance that we might be a top competitor.  Sorry
Scott, but IMHO, this suggestion creates as many or more problems than it
appears to solve.

This used to be a joke.  We used to laugh at people who seemed obsessed on
doing this.  Now it's considered standard, and more to the point, you want
to impose it?  All in the hopes that it MIGHT help the contest committee
catch a few cheaters?

Sorry.  My first priority is investing in better antenna systems.  Then I'll
try to improve the operating station.  But spending a nickel before that on
an otherwise useless recording gadget that I don't want and otherwise don't
need?  Forget it.