[CQ-Contest] Remote Operation: Was Operation / Skimmer Ultimate Setup

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Remote Operation: Was Operation / Skimmer Ultimate Setup
From: Richard Thorne <rmthorne@suddenlink.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 10:42:48 -0500
I've been sitting back reading all the emails about remote operation.
Several times I started typing a response, but every time, some one else
made my point why remote operations are just fine.

What I've noticed in this discussion is that there is exactly 3 hams on
this reflector that are dead set against remote operations.  Everyone
else is fine with it as long as remote operators follow the current
contest/dxcc/or what ever award rules there are.

That being said, I think the CAC and DXCC rule makers will support
remote operations and its not worth worrying about, as KY1V said, the
grumpy old men.

I'm going back to working out some design issues for my remote so I'm
better prepared for next falls dx/contest season via
remote control.

73,

Rich - N5ZC
Operating remote for the past 10 years, before it was popular.