Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX and 30 Hour Nonsense

To: "Milt, N5IA" <n5ia@zia-connection.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX and 30 Hour Nonsense
From: "Bill Tippett" <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 16:08:52 -0400
N5IA:

> My problem is that the CONTEST PERIOD TIMES WERE CHANGED to the benefit of
> the North American east coast so that those geographically situated stations
> have THEIR ~30
> HOURS SPREAD INTO A THIRD NIGHT OF OPERATION!!!!!!

No, the hours were changed to synchronize with the other major contests
covering Saturday and Sunday UTC (i.e. WAE, CQ WW,  ARRL DX, CQ WPX, etc).
I doubt changing from 00-00z to 22-22z would make any difference in relative
NA standings (i.e. that didn't change from the previous time of 22-16z).
But if you feel offended, please do petition the CQ 160 Committee to change
to 22-22 UTC.

73,  Bill  W4ZV