[CQ-Contest] Wireless Keyboard

To: Cq-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Wireless Keyboard
From: "Richard Zalewski" <dick.w7zr@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 11:34:10 -0700
I have a Microsoft 6000 V2 wireless keyboard.  This past weekend I
noticed problems with mouse and keyboard.  Erratic mouse and delayed
on no keyboard at times.  Turns out since I was doing a 10M only that
the MS units are 27mhz.  I tried some ferrite on the usb sender at the
computer end and at the sender end.  A little better but still not
good.  I really like this keyboard for its features so I am looking
for some solutions to solving the existing hardware or recommendations
for a good wireless combo.  I have looked extensively on the net.
Nothing available locally so that I can get my fingers on it first.
It seems that most units now are using smaller and smaller F keys.
Obviously not good for us contesters.  Also in looking many are doing
away with the insert key.  The one that I like the "best" is the
Logitech MX5500.  So guys and help with the existing stuff or
recommendations for a new combo?

--
Tnx es 73
Dick W7ZR