Re: [CQ-Contest] Web Poll RS(T) Final Results

To: "CQ-Contest" <CQ-CONTEST@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Web Poll RS(T) Final Results
From: "VE5ZX Hotmail" <ve5zx@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 12:14:44 -0600
>With all due respect Syl that is just about the most poorly written poll I
>can ever recall. You mixed 2 completely different subjects together in the
>same survey and didn't offer a real choice about leaving the RS(T) in or
>out. Your

it wasn't meant to be a serious poll   :)

>My pet peeve in any poll is the 'wimpy' choice that offers "I don't care"
>as a choice. If you don't care why waste the time. That is why I didn't
>offer it as a choice, make a decision yes/no.

The poll was meant to reflect the diversity of opinions stated on the
reflectors on a matter where opinions ranges beyond a simple 'yes' or 'no'.
And believe it or not may people really 'don't care' if RST is or is not
sent.

Single questions polls that force individuals into one or another decision
may not be accurate barometer of community opinions. As mentioned by others
it is difficult to create a good poll, especially, when you ask the question
of a small group. It can lead to distortions and biases that may not reflect
the opinions of the broader contest community.
,,, Syl, VE5ZX