Re: [CQ-Contest] Rule Change Debate on Skimmer

To: "Paul J. Piercey" <p.piercey@nl.rogers.com>, "'Joe Subich, W4TV'" <w4tv@subich.com>, "'Robert Naumann'" <w5ov@w5ov.com>, <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Rule Change Debate on Skimmer
From: "Robert Chudek - K0RC" <k0rc@pclink.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 19:54:25 -0500
> Unfortunately, now that the Skimmer technology has progressed to a
> "networked" stage, I could not, in all good conscience, differentiate it
> from the cluster.

Your logging computer can operate EITHER "stand alone" within your sphere of
influence OR be connected to a network of computers that exchange
information outside your sphere of influence.

Whether a device can be networked or not has no relevance.

If you are a Single Operator, you are not networked to anything. The guy in
his tent, out in the field., a pile of technology, no additional human
assistance. Single Operator. One person. Using technology and his individual
skills.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN