Re: [CQ-Contest] wideband receivers and contesting

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] wideband receivers and contesting
From: "Tod -ID" <tod@k0to.us>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 08:49:01 -0600
Some really interesting ideas Tor and a pleasant change in discussion
format.

I know you pass Randy's contesting activity test because I do find you in my
contest log a bunch of times over the past five years unlike W4TV who I have
never managed to work yet. I am pretty sure that is because he is a DX
Contest op and probably sits out the domestic contests, however.

Your Number #1 and Number #2 below are pretty close to a analog bandscope
except they are digital in nature. So far no one has suggested shutting off
the bandscopes on their rigs to avoid falling into the 'assisted' category
so I would assume they should not generate impassioned emails.

Number #3 is really intriguing because it only suggests 'where to look' and
leaves the copying up to the operator.

I guess I would have to say these are all 'assisted' things but the "good"
'assisted' like computer logging etc.

Tod, K0TO

Tor, N4OGW. Said -