Re: [CQ-Contest] FQP

To: "'CQ Contest'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] FQP
From: "AD5VJ Bob" <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 14:14:23 -0500
OK to all who are interested:

And to those who were not sure.

I received a response from the FQP folks.

The answer was this:

If you use Telnet, spotting nets, ect it is considered that you are receiving
help from other stations therefore you are considered
a Multi in this case a Multi-One.

My personal choice, until I got an answer back, was to use the old fashioned
way of just using the knob on the front panel and just
tuning around, now I am glad I did.

Guess this ruling is the same for most the other contests as well.

My personal advice to a new contester, before you use spotting software, make
sure you know ALL the ins and outs of it and are
proficient with it, or you could put yourself at great disadvantage compared to
those who know the method well and are more
practiced.

Sometimes it might be better to choose a 'less advantaged category' - fewer
entries - and work just as hard and have just as much
fun, than one which seems more technical and has many OPS in the category.

Bob AD5VJ