Re: [CQ-Contest] CW Skimmer

To: "D. Ruokonen" <druokonen@hotmail.com>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CW Skimmer
From: "K0HB " <k-zero-hb@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 18:22:00 -0000

> Please end the endless CW Skimmer debate! I feel that practically every
angle has been well discussed!

> 73,
>
> Don K3PRN

Don, I don't think the discussion is nearly complete.

One of my favorite quotes comes from Lewis Thomas in "Medusa and the Snail"

"We pass the word around. We ponder how the case is put by different
people. We read the poetry. We meditate over the literature. We play the
music. We change our minds. We reach an understanding. Society evolves this
way, not by shouting each other down, but by the capacity of unique,
individual human beings to comprehend each other."

Skimmer is a very new paradigm in contesting, few systems have been
fielded, and we're very early in the learning curve.  In the language of my
quote above, we're barely into the second sentence.

73, de Hans, K0HB