Re: [CQ-Contest] State QSO parties and CW

To: k-zero-hb@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] State QSO parties and CW
From: Michael Coslo <mjc5@psu.edu>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 08:16:04 -0400
On Apr 30, 2008, at 5:52 PM, K0HB wrote:

>> Our official policy is to encourage people to engage in
>> worthy modes.
>>
>> -73 de Mike N3LI -
>>

> OK, I'll bite.
>
> What determines whether a mode is "worthy"?

Some things in  life are wonderful, like a good pale ale and CW
Morse. But sometimes it is an acquired taste. That very first sip of
beer can be very bitter, and Morse does have a learning curve. Some
people never get the hang of either. Some of us, such as myself have
a bad time with Morse due to physical limitations. Fortunately I can
appreciate the Ale though. 8^)

It isn't a requirement, but just a bit of a temptation to try a
different mode, perhaps get a few more points for the effort.

note: we also give out 2 points for psk31 and rtty. We wanted to
encourage psk for sure. rtty doesn't really need any encouragement,
but the end rationale put it in with the other non-voice modes.

-73 de Mike N3LI -