Re: [CQ-Contest] SMS - Morse Sender

To: hank k8dd <k8dd@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SMS - Morse Sender
From: Barry <w2up3@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 04 May 2008 12:49:56 +0000
I've done the same thing, with Morse ring tones in my cell phone.  I
used Morsegen by G4ILO to generate the tones
(http://www.g4ilo.com/morsegen.html )  It generates a much better
sounding tone than MorseMidi.  The only downside (for me) is Morsegen is
limited to 60 WPM, which is the speed I used for my ringtones.

Barry W2UP

hank k8dd wrote:
> Trent .....
>
> If it's ringtones in Morse that you want, check
> http://www.dxatlas.com/MorseMidi/
> It will make a Morse midi file from text.  When my phone rings, it plays the
> caller in CW.
> I'm not sure if there is anything to play text messages in Morse, but that
> would be
> neat.
>
> 73    Hank    K8DD
>
> On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 4:02 AM, Trent and Lorraine Sampson <
> vk4ti@sampson.net.au> wrote:
>

>> Hi All,
>>

>> I am trying to get my CW up to speed and thought that there must be a
>> way to playback SMS messages in Morse --
>>
>> Does anyone know of any programmes that can do this on a Nokia ?
>>
>> Concept is to play the SMS MESSAGE in Morse rather than a ringtone..
>>
>> Means that I could listen to the morse without picking the phone up..
>>

>> Regards
>>

>> Trent VK4TI

Barry Kutner, W2UP             Newtown, PA