[CQ-Contest] SO vs. SOA definition re Skimmer

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] SO vs. SOA definition re Skimmer
From: Duane - N9DG <n9dg@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 07:45:11 -0700 (PDT)
I don’t have a dog in the HF contesting fight, but what happens with this issue
here may very well set the tone for what happens in the VHF+ world in the
future. There I do have a kennel full of dogs. Anyhow this is my suggestion for
defining SO vs. SOA:

2.1. Single Operator: One person performs all transmitting, receiving, and
logging functions as well as equipment and antenna adjustments.

2.1.1. All equipment used for receiving, decoding, or the locating of signals
must be wholly contained within the station’s location.

2.1.2. Use of spotting assistance or operating arrangements involving other
individuals, DX-alerting nets, packet, Internet, or uses any other means that
extends beyond the station’s location is not permitted.

2.2. Single Operator Assisted: One person performs all transmitting, receiving,
and logging functions as well as equipment and antenna adjustments.

2.2.1. All equipment used for receiving, or decoding of signals must be wholly
contained within the station’s location.

2.2.2. Use of spotting assistance including those not physically located at the
station location is permitted.

Duane
N9DG