Re: [CQ-Contest] rules

To: w1md@cfl.rr.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] rules
From: "Bill Tippett" <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 17:26:44 -0400
On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 5:06 PM, <w1md@cfl.rr.com> wrote:

But if "Skimmer" was part of the "Assisted" category then your "unassisted"
> record wouldn't be affected...or did I miss something in the translation?
> I'm assuming your 10m SBSO effort was of the unassisted kind...

         Correct, but the issue on the table is whether Skimmer
constitutes assistance.  Yes my records were all unassisted.  I
also had a competitor who claimed his multiplier totals (comparable
to multi-multis) were because he was using the Sub receiver in
his FT-1000MP <ggg>.  I bet he also had a good Internet connection!
;-)  BTW CQ reclassified him to Assisted at least a couple of times.

        Since it will be virtually impossible to distinguish Skimmer
spots from Packet spots, I predict the next step in cheating will
be to claim you're using Skimmer (if allowed for unassisted) even
if you are actually using Packet (i.e. assisted).  :-(

                                                73,  Bill  W4ZV