[CQ-Contest] Enhanced DuneStar 600 Band Pass Curves

To: "'Cq-Contest'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Enhanced DuneStar 600 Band Pass Curves
From: "Tod -ID" <tod@k0to.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 16:09:10 -0600
Based upon Pete's email to me I have added return loss curves to the
original attenuation and insertion loss curves. The return loss curve for 80
meters show that at 3860 the VSWR is about 1.9:1 which would account for the
'shut-down' effect that Pete mentions. Pete mentions that he noticed the
effect when operating above 3800 kHz. My measurements suggest that the
increase should not be very noticeable until you operate above 3840 or so.
That may simply be the variability between production units.

If anyone else has used DuneStar 600's and noticed anything they consider
unusual I would be appreciative of hearing from them.

The enhanced curves and commentary are at:
http://www.k0to.us/HAM/DuneStar/index.htm

Tod, K0TO