Re: [CQ-Contest] CW Skimmer - Don't Change Anything

To: <k2db@k2db.org>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CW Skimmer - Don't Change Anything
From: <ve4xt@mts.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 10:10:01 -0500
Paul,

Why are those arguing to treat something that walks like a duck, quacks like a
duck and looks like a
duck as a duck "whiners"?

I am not whining about Skimmer: I celebrate the advance in technology and
software that has allowed
its development.

I hope it moves into widespread use in contesting. In a way that allows those
who wish to go without to
continue in a class similar to what they have now. JUST LIKE WITH PACKET!

Would you say that anyone who supports a 100-watt class is a whiner? Would
their support of a 100-
watt class mean they are opposed to the use of amplifiers by others? No.

We can accept a class for packet. Why is it so hard to accept it if Skimmer is
deemed to be equivalent to
packet?

73, kelly
ve4xt