Re: [CQ-Contest] CW Skimmer - Don't Change Anything

To: <ve4xt@mts.net>, <k2db@k2db.org>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CW Skimmer - Don't Change Anything
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 11:48:40 -0400

> We can accept a class for packet. Why is it so hard to accept
> it if Skimmer is deemed to be equivalent to packet?

We accept a separate category for "packet/cluster" because it
represents "participation by other individuals" and is different
than "ONE OPERATOR."  Skimmer is not equivalent to packet because
is does not involve any other individual.

Entry classes are defined by ONLY three criteria:
   1) transmitter power level
   2) number (one or multiple) or operators
   3) number of simultaneous transmitters

There is no basis to say that local skimmer technology is equivalent
to "involvement of another person."