Re: [CQ-Contest] The Skimmer Rule Challenge

To: "Mike Fatchett W0MU" <w0mu@w0mu.com>, "CQ-Contest Reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The Skimmer Rule Challenge
From: "K0HB " <k-zero-hb@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 23:04:09 -0000
W0MU writes:

> The old guard cronyism in this hobby needs to go away and needs to embrace
> things that will bring me people into our hobby and encourage hams to try
> something new.

Way to go, Mike.  If you don't agree with a faction, refer to them in
disparaging terms and tell them to go away.  That'll solve the issue!

Just so you know, we "old guard cronies" (kind of a catchy name..... grows
on you, actually!) who built Radiosport are real happy to welcome to have
new guys come play with us if they like our playground.

Or if they don't like our primitive style, we'll encourage them to join us
and "try something new" in the playground next door.  Either way, they're
welcome to the game.  Points are points, you know, and we won't rudely tell
them that they "need to go away".

73, de Hans, K0HB
Just an old crony and his radi