Re: [CQ-Contest] Quads & Contesting

To: <py7rp@yahoo.com.br>, <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Quads & Contesting
From: "Robert Chudek - K0RC" <k0rc@pclink.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 11:34:12 -0500
Hello Renner,

KØSR tells you about his experience with bamboo and the problems with
sealing them with fiberglass. I concur with his conclusion that this will
add considerable weight to the spreaders, especially if you wrap the bamboo
with the glass fabric before applying the fiberglass resin.

One unusual source of fiberglass spreaders might be a fishing supply
company. Last year I attended a local farm fair and saw one fellow selling
bamboo and fiberglass fishing poles. The thought ran through my mind that
his fiberglass poles would make very nice Quad spreaders.

To see what I am talking about, here's a link:
http://www.tmastco.com/TelepolePage.htm  And the email looks like a ham
radio fellow, K4TMC. He can probably give you some ideas about this.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN