Re: [CQ-Contest] VS6DO SK

To: vr2bg@harts.org.hk, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] VS6DO SK
From: Georgek5kg@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 12:33:52 EDT
To hear that Paul Bailey, VS6DO, has become a SK is indeed sad news.   I had
the pleasure of operating from Paul's QTH in Kowloon on several occasions
back in the 1980's.  I was working in HZ at the time, and was able to get  to
VS6
during holidays and vacations.  I contacted Paul in advance, and he
graciously offered an open invitation to visit and operate.  I believe that  I
was
there on four separate occasions.  One time, I remember going there  to work
the
ARRL DX SSB Contest.  Condx were terrible and, as I recall, I  only worked a
few W6 stations in spite of having an amp and excellent  yagis.

My prayers will be with Paul's wife and children.

73, George

George  Wagner, K5kg
941-400-1960 cell

fuel-efficient used cars.