Re: [CQ-Contest] Subject: Re: Log checking errors

To: "Doug Grant" <dougk1dg@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Subject: Re: Log checking errors
From: "hank k8dd" <k8dd@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 15:58:08 -0400
On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 11:45 AM, Doug Grant <dougk1dg@gmail.com> wrote:

> NF1J/W6 wrote:
>
> > What ever happened to the concepts of:
> >
> > "If you can't do it right, don't do it at all?"
>
> I think that gets superseded by "It has to be done, so get the best
> people to do it and make it better over time." I'm not sure that
> anyone in the contest community would agree that since the
> log-checking process has a few bugs, that we should not check the logs
> at all. And "doing it right" depends on what "right" is, within the
> boundary conditions of the data that is available to prove "right".

Hmmm ......
"If you can't do it right, don't do it at all?"

With that attitude there would be no need for log checking because there
would be very very few entries!

I'd say that the log checking we have now is better than paper log checking,
which was really full of holes!

73    Hank    K8DD

--

'Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their
level then beat you with experience.' -anon