Re: [CQ-Contest] DX Doubler and contesting

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] DX Doubler and contesting
From: Aldewey@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 16:29:28 EDT

In a message dated 7/30/2008 2:30:51 PM Central Standard Time,
mwdink@eskimo.com writes:

The diagram in the manual seems to indicate putting them
in parallel. That doesn't look right. My homebrew SO2R
box uses switches a relay between the sources and I
transformer isolate the DVP audio.

Also, does anybody modify their DX Doubler so you can use
a remote switch box to switch the receive audio? Don't like
the idea of reaching up to throw the switch for
left/right/both. (I like mine on the desk.)

I have been using the DX Doubler for years for SO2R mostly on CW.  For SSB, I
did make up a little external box in which I plug in my microphone line, the
line form my sound card, and my footswitch.  Outputs go to the DX Doubler
Footwitch jack and microphone jacks.  When I push a F key in Writelog (or TR
for
that matter), the audio feeds from the computer thru the little box and thru
the DX Doubler to the correct radio.  When I press the footswitch, I activate a
relay (in the little box).  One set of contacts on the   relay switches the
audio to the microphone and and the other side switch of the relay closes the
footswitch contact to the DX Doubler.  I use an isolation transformer on the
sound card line.

Fairly simple and it works for me.  I suspect that the same thing can be
accomplished with a Rigblaster.

73,

AL, K0AD

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.