Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL and Open Logs - Time for the next step?

To: "CQ-Contest Reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL and Open Logs - Time for the next step?
From: steve.root@culligan4water.com
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 20:57:09 +0000
I personally don't think open logs are any big threat, on the other hand
I don't see any good application for them either.
Propagation is so very different from one year to the next. In the 2001
CQWW CW I started on 10 meters, four years later I started on 80 meters!
I think most guys have a general idea or strategy in mind and then fall back
on experience and "wing it" the rest of the contest.
If you want to study my logs and see what I did LAST year
be my guest. I can about guarantee that circumstances will have
me doing something entirely different this year.

73 Steve K0SR