Re: [CQ-Contest] [NCCC] Cheaters, Logs & Self-Policing

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [NCCC] Cheaters, Logs & Self-Policing
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 17:47:02 -0400
If I'm not doing anything wrong, why are you being nosy?

I have never liked that argument.  It always seems that someone says that
when they're digging for something else, something that may not exist... in
short, presumed guilty until proven innocent.  (Most magistrate's traffic
courts not withstanding, just ask my lawyer)

The burden of proof is not that I have to prove my innocence.  The burden of
proof is that you have to show that you have reasonable cause to suspect my
innocence.

Merely entering a contest log is not in and of itself reasonable cause.

Keep up these unreasonable levels of scrutiny, and while I'll continue to
operate in contests, you won't see many of my logs submitted because I
refuse to have to prove my innocence up front!  What's next... rejecting Q's
or diminishing their point value because the other station didn't submit a
log, therefore, you can't prove it was really them?

C'mon.  Contests are supposed to be fun.  Not examples of how to apply the
Bill of Rights!

73