[CQ-Contest] Angle of received signal QUERY

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Angle of received signal QUERY
From: "Tony Rogozinski" <trogo@telegraphy.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 11:44:40 -0500
I am trying to determine what would be the lowest angle from which one could
expect
to receive DX signals?  It seems that at one time I read 5 degrees but I've
done some
research and can't find the answer so far.
I am looking at a QTH here in Colombia that in one important direction has a
hill about
330' higher than would be my antenna.  That hill is 1KM or 3,250' away from
the antenna.
Using right triangle calculations the angle between my antenna and the top
of the hill
would be about 5.8 degrees.  I'm concerned that the hill would have some
affect on
long haul signal reception.    Should I be concerned????   Otherwise the
location is
fabulous.

Tony   W4OI/HK7AR

                       Tony Rogozinski