Re: [CQ-Contest] Fills and repeats

To: Rowland.Archer@gxs.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Fills and repeats
From: VE2TZT <ve2tzt@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 20:38:51 -0400
Rowland,

Very nice description of our usual QRN/QSB nightmare.

I think that 3?9 is a good way to say what piece of information is missing.
Sometimes the guy is able to send several times only the missing symbol, it
happened to me during this WAE, but unfortunatly, most of the time the guy
prefers to just push the F2 key.
When I feel that the joke is getting too long, I modestly send manually QRN
PSE QRS and it always works... it breaks the phase beetween the QRN/QSB and
the sending of the missing symbol.

73,
Gilles VE2TZT