Re: [CQ-Contest] 2007 CQWW CW UBN/NIL Access

To: "Richard L. King" <k5na@ecpi.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 2007 CQWW CW UBN/NIL Access
From: Boris Knezovic E73TW <t93y@lol.ba>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 17:43:10 +0200
Richard L. King wrote:
> I just got my CQWW CW UBNs and took a fast look at it.
>
> It appears that it has the same problem as the CQWW Phone Contest
> where the log checking software incorrectly counts the band changes
> for M/S causing band change errors. I haven't printed everything out
> to confirm this 100%, but it sure looks like the same old problem,
> again. I will have time to study it close after this weekend.
>
> My question is why does the CQWW committee ignore the discussion that
> we had, in length, about the incorrect log checking for the CQWW
> Phone and do the same thing all over again for the CQWW CW? They have
> had a month or more to do something about this.
>
> And please don't tell me that it doesn't change my standing in the
> final listings and nothing can be done. Because it does affect me
> tremendously in my point gathering for WRTC qualification.
>
> Or maybe nobody cares if they get it right.
>
> 73, Richard - K5NA

Same here. T93M M/S team was charged 35 QSO's and 8 multipliers were
taken away because of "Band change violation"...

As decisions of contest committee are final, we can only hope that new
CQ WW checking software will be tuned-up for this year's contests.

73's Boris E73TW
--
Boris Knezovic E73TW, P.O. Box 59, Sarajevo BA-71000, Bosnia and Herzegovina
E-mail: t93y@lol.ba or boris@t93y.com