Re: [CQ-Contest] 2007 CQWW CW UBN/NIL Access

To: "Richard L. King" <k5na@ecpi.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 2007 CQWW CW UBN/NIL Access
From: "Walter J. Legowski" <sue.walt@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 14:33:21 +0000
We had reported "band change violation" log-checking errors to CQWW for
our phone log, but never received a response.  It appears that some
attempt was made to change the log-checking software, because the errors
for CW log-checking are even worse than they were for phone.  We have a
place in our CW log where one operator had long since quit for the
night, and the remaining operator was on 40 meters.  After 17 minutes on
40 meters, we were charged with a "band change violation" even though no
change of band occurred and no contacts were made on any other band
during that time!  We were charged with 3 other "band change violations"
that were equally inexplicable.  We question CQWW's ability to properly
score any of the logs in the Multi-Single category for either mode.

Sue, N2LBR and Walt, WA1KKM