Re: [CQ-Contest] 3830 - again unfortunately

To: Tony Rogozinski <trogo@telegraphy.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 3830 - again unfortunately
From: DL8MBS <prickler.schneider@t-online.de>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 23:32:38 +0200
Tony Rogozinski wrote:

>'Nuff said - I still think it has to do with egos.  MHO FWIW.

Sorry, but I can´t follow this highflying "due diligence" and
"ego"-interpretations any more. The only ego-problem I see is the
general mental illness necessarily shared by nearly all contesting
individuals - but we as the patients should better leave it to our
spouses to talk about mental health symptoms ;-)
"To post or not to post" to an INFORMAL reflector is way too
insignificant to be recognized as a symptom for anything - compared to
real symptoms like power cheating or logs seemingly only achievable by
using six ears, three brains and four rigs simultaneously.

Never have I heard from any real sport that reliable preliminary and
final rankings come from anyone else than from the organizers.
Hopefully, soon all sponsors will publish claimed scores at least
immediately after deadline (like i.e. DARC and some others do) or even
before deadline like WPX. Reasonable short time span to satisfy "news
interest" and still a chance to fingerpoint the logcheckers to anyone
unexpected in the "box" - if that were the real intent for talking 3830
(BIG thanks to those running it!) into a responsibility they clearly
deny in their disclaimer ("This list is NOT a list of submitted logs
received by the contest sponsor. It is based solely on the claimed
scores posted to the 3830 reflector...").

73, Chris

(www.dl8mbs.de)