Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL SS CW - Practice with VY1EI

To: Eric Irvine <vy1ei@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL SS CW - Practice with VY1EI
From: <k8gt@mi.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 15:47:45 -0400
Hi Eric,

TNX for stepping up and being there, it's greatly appreciated.

As far as your mentioning the Aurora, some years ago, J. mentioned before Phone
SS that if Aurora was overhead at his place that it sucked up his sig, but that
he could hear just fine, so to listen hard for him.

Sure enough, in the middle of SS on 20m there was a relatively quiet spot.
Listening hard, I could hear him at about S2 or S3 calling CQ with no takers.
He was running 400W at the time, IIRC.  One call from me, with my 100W and low
dipoles, and he came right back.  So I always take the time to listen hard.

I'll be at K8CC for SS CW and hope to work you and will be looking for VE8RCS,
also.  Good job, guys, TNX.  Stay warm.

73, Gerry, K8GT

---- Eric Irvine <vy1ei@arrl.net> wrote:

Click on the aurora and if you see its over southern Yukon, you won't hear me
untill till it subsides. But I'll be able to hear you, and that's frustrating.

Its cold in Whitehorse. Minus 20 degrees this morning. Snow on the ground.