Re: [CQ-Contest] Station not giving a check or section

To: "Rick Tavan N6XI" <rtavan@gmail.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Station not giving a check or section
From: "Felipe J Hernandez" <fhdez@islandnetjm.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 13:14:55 -0400
Thanks Rick.... Fair response.

Cu on WWCW!

Felipe
NP4Z

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Rick Tavan N6XI
  To: cq-contest@contesting.com
  Sent: Sunday, November 23, 2008 11:58 PM

  The station in question often gave out partial exchanges. He didn't utter
  the phrase "Puerto Rico" on every QSO but he did say it while I was
  listening. He also gave out two years a couple times while I was in the
  pileup. When I worked him, I asked explicitly for the year he was first
  licensed and he replied "x or x+1; I don't remember." I logged one of those
  years since my logging program doesn't provide fuzzy data entry. Others may
  log the other. I doubt he will submit a log. I doubt the log checker DQs a
  QSO if the call is non-unique and others logged a different year. Who's to
  judge in such a case? Of course if he does submit a log claiming one of
  those years, those who logged the other year will lose. Fortunately for me,
  I worked another KP4.

  /Rick N6XI