Re: [CQ-Contest] cqww cw spotting report

To: "'reflector cq-contest'" <CQ-Contest@Contesting.COM>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] cqww cw spotting report
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 02:08:10 +0000
I love it when a plan comes together... the owner of the anonymous proxy
server is apparently worried about the image of his service and doesn't like
it being used for nefarious purposes.

So this group:
> CY2ZT/2 - dxsummit
>
> IP Address: 69.41.173.145
> Spotters: k3nn, f0cus, ve5sd, w1ll, h1ha, cl3ar, ve3ggh, w4car, ve4jy,

That I found was from an anonymous proxy service now has a real IP
associated with it... and guess what, it comes back to Bell Canada!  And
even better, most likely a dsl service in Quebec.

More details to come, its been a long day, there were some other ip's in the
log I got that were  sending spots via dxsummit that deserve checking also.
So watch out you nefarious spotters, even anonymizer systems aren't safe
havens any more!

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net