Re: [CQ-Contest] cqww cw spotting report

To: k1ttt@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] cqww cw spotting report
From: "David Levine" <david@levinecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 10:37:00 -0500
As a newer contester, I'm really amazed at how anyone can get satisfaction
from doing well when they cheat.

Is there money (sponsorship) involved that I'm not aware of? Any monetary
windfall from doing better so cheating has some financial reason behind it?
I just can't for the life of me rationalize why someone would cheat whether
there was or wasn't the possibility of getting caught, which apparently
there is. An error once during a contest such as mistyping into a web page
is an acceptable oops but twice or more is just mind boggling to me.

What you do during a contest is a personal accomplishment whether it's as an
individual or as part of a team.How can someone feeling any accomplishment
if they self spotted themselves? It would be like running a marathon and
stopping your stopwatch 1 mile before you reached the finish line in order
to say you ran your personal best.

I'm either missing something obvious on why they would do it, or they just
have a serious issue. Can someone enlighten me on which is the case.

73
David - K2DSL