Re: [CQ-Contest] Comfortable headphones?

To: "'Greg Davis'" <n3zl.radio@gmail.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Comfortable headphones?
From: "Robert Naumann" <w5ov@w5ov.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 07:10:55 -0600
Greg,

I have been using Shure E2C "ear-phones" for several years now, and I use
them literally for every purpose where I need headphones.

The E#C series is no longer made, but the current model SE110 seems to be
the equivalent and might be somewhat better than the E2C.
http://tinyurl.com/5t9cwl

I have used the same pair of earphones for ham radio, music (on the ground
at home, inside my motorcycle helmet, and in airplanes) from my Zune (no
failure-prone Ipod here), and for personal monitor work with the church band
I play bass in occasionally.

No discomfort from squeezing my glasses and the provide a good deal of noise
reduction by providing what Shure calls "sound isolation" which means they
seal your ear canal pretty well to outside sounds.

73,

Bob W5OV