Re: [CQ-Contest] Comfortable headphones?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Comfortable headphones?
From: "Jeff Maass" <jmaass@k8nd.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 14:10:49 -0500
My favorite headphones for several years have been the Sony MDR-V900 Studio
Monitor
headphones. These are in the $200 price class. The currently-available version
is the
MDR-V900HD.

They are large, and the pads sit **around** the ear, rather than pressing on
any part of
them. The soft pads seal nicely around glasses and hair to help close out the
sounds of a
contest station. I've worn these for 12+ hours during ARRL 160 Meter Contest
operations at
PJ2T, and never suffered from painful "crush ear". They work well for CW.

The only thing they are missing is Noise Cancellation. The current Sony top-end
NC
headphones (the MDR-NC500D) are much more expensive ($400), and have earcups
that are not
quite large enough (although they do - barely - fit around the ears).

I still want MDR-V900 with NC.

73,  Jeff   K8ND