Topband: Stew Perry Alert!

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Stew Perry Alert!
From: "Lew Sayre" <w7ew@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 23:16:08 -0800
Notice to All Radio Wave Surfers:
      So the discussion on the contest reflector is about contest exchanges
that mean something. The 13th Edition of The Stew Perry TopBand DX Challenge
has such a stellar exchange.  The exchange is simply your call and your Grid
Square. No need for a 5NN unless you like to "synch up" your callers' brains a
bit to receive the 4 character grid square.  Imagine that- an exchange that
means something!! And no 5NN or return deposit required!!
    There are a bunch of other forward thinking rules that the
Executive Committee
on Ground Breaking Rules of The Boring Amateur Radio Club have brewed up for
your enjoyment.  Go to:
 http://www.jzap.com/k7rat/stew.html       and read the promulgated
rules yourself.
     The Boring Amateur Radio Club also serves as a vehicle for contesters to
decide what categories are important to emphasize for this epic 160M struggle.
The calls below belong to the Stalwarts of Contesting who have decided
to sponsor
a plaque to fan the RF flames. You can join this elite group by suggesting a
category then sending in $50 so we can brew up and send out a plaque
to the victor
in the chosen category.  Look the categories over carefully and when
you send your
entry to us be sure and spell out which plaque you're contesting for-as some
of the categories are unique!
     When you next meet any of these Plaque Sponsoring Hams noted
below, be sure
to express your admiration for them and offer to buy them a beverage. It's the
only right and honorable thing to do.

Call             Category
KL7RA       Highest # of QSO's
KB7Q        Top Score QRP
K1EP        Top Score, Low Power using Elecraft K3 radio
TF3KX       Aurora Borealis Award (Top score > 60 deg North geomagnetic
                 latitude QTH)
AE6RF     Top Score Low Power in W6
NA0Y      Top Score USA
VK6VZ     Top Score with antenna in space < 20m X 10m- (winner gets Royal
                 Flying Doctors of Australia cap rather than plaque)
W7TMT     Top Score Low Power First Time Entry
N7UA      Top Score High Power
K6DBG    Top Score First Time QRP (no qrp entry X past 3 years)
KI7Y     Top Score High Power Oregon-(W7GG/Ai7B Memorial)
N7KQ     Top Score Central/South America
K7FL     Top Score 100% Search & Pounce
KR2Q     Golden Log Award (highest # of Q's with no errors)
N7JW     Top Score South of The Equator
K7CA     Top Score from Zones 17, 18, 22 or 23

    I'm sure The Boring Amateur Radio Club will add some additional plaques
but we encourage you to create a category.  Email me with your idea before
the starting pistol pops in about 2 weeks.  There will be intermittent
updates between now and then.  The little old plaquemaker has been resuscitated
successfully so the plaques honoring the 2007 winners will go into the mail
first class today.
    73 and I remain,
    Lew   W7EW/W7AT
    w7ew@arrl.net