[CQ-Contest] Strategies exposed in the stadium

To: K0HB <K0HB@ARRL.ORG>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Strategies exposed in the stadium
From: DL8MBS <prickler.schneider@t-online.de>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 10:06:26 +0100
K0HB wrote:

>Paraphrased:  "Rather than figure it out for myself, I hijacked the work
>product of other contesters to improve my score."

But isn´t it the way it goes in every real sport? A team develops a
strategy for the upcoming match, is coached to it in secret training
hours - and then show it in the full public of the game. The competitors
will tape it, analyze it. But that is no guarantee that they can
successfully play with the same strategy. There is no copy&paste-way if
they can´t do it. The inventor always has an advantage. But new ideas,
answers and refinements help to develop a sport.
May anyone make an exact time schedule out of last year´s WPX-CW-logs
with the intense activity on 10&15 m in EU. I wish him happy hours of
listening to the noise when the 2008-Sporadic-E decides to haunt the US
- with many guys there then following their log-derived 20m-plans  ;-)

Happy 2009!
73, Chris

(www.dl8mbs.de)