Re: [CQ-Contest] Improving the Fabulous CQ 160 Contest

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Improving the Fabulous CQ 160 Contest
From: "Felipe J Hernandez" <fhdez@islandnetjm.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 18:40:03 -0400
What is it that you guys like most about the SP?
Is it the distance scoring or the many grids?... Those two  are a match in
heaven
thats why everyone like the SP so much.. nothing like plenty of multipliers on
a short band with limited audience.
also some funky marketing from the sponsors and some history behind the man
make it more interesting, even Epic..

Leave those two contests alone, they work well and they have their audience.

NOw, God knows that we need to consolidate some  hf contests and create some
new entities
maybe with grids, maybe with distance scoring on some bands, IOTA or Field day
kind of Fun and innovation and keeping some
regional proudness..

Instead of Florida Qso party, Ga qso party, tn qso party ,al qso party etc.. do
a 4th call area qso party..( i think this existed once?)
organized by all, nice interstate competition as well.. and do the same in all
call areas..
Maybe in Europe, Africa, S. America ect and make them count to wrtc points as
well..

The contest operators  are getting diluted by hundreds of activities, that
never seem to get full efforts from
their participants and never generate enought participation from their own
crowds.

Felipe.. please flame on..
NP4Z