[CQ-Contest] Improving the Fabulous CQ 160 Contest

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Improving the Fabulous CQ 160 Contest
From: "gm4fam@tiscali.co.uk" <gm4fam@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 09:53:55 +0100 (GMT+01:00)
I too would adopt the Maidenhead square grid exchange.

The final points score could simply be determined by the total number
of kilometres worked - no radial ring points scoring and no country
multipliers.

If there had to be a multiplier I would use the Maidenhead large
square - that would encourage not only dxpeditions to rarer DXCC but
also activity in some rarer squares within more active countries - and
there are a great many worldwide; with these multipliers the final
score would be pretty big so it could then be divided by 100 or 1000 to
make it more managable to tabulate and list.

Just my thoughts to add to the pot.

73 Cris
GM4FAM

50% off Norton Security 2009 - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/security