Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R and monoband yagis on the same boom

To: <wb0o@yahoo.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R and monoband yagis on the same boom
From: "Tonno Vahk" <tonno.vahk@mail.ee>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 11:38:51 +0200
Hi Bill,

YES. I use exactly Optibeam 5 el 20m / 3 el 40m for SO2R. And also for M/2!!
I have had in Multi Op two HP stations TXing/RXing at the same time on the
antenna on two bands and absolutely no problems. I have used W3NQN filters
and now lately also 4O3A HP BPFs to cut further down on harmonics also.

The same way I have used for SO2R and Multi Op separate elements of 3 band 2
element Cubical Quad without problems.

I have found strangely more interference sometimes from separate antennas
even on different towers (especially when looking in direction of each
other) then from interlaced monobanders.

GL es 73
Tonno
ES5TV