Re: [CQ-Contest] [Re: CQWW CW & 6Y1V Logs]

To: "David Gilbert" <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>, "CQ-Contest@contesting. com" <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [Re: CQWW CW & 6Y1V Logs]
From: "K0HB" <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 15:11:02 -0600
Couple of points, Dave, in response to your thoughtful message.

Point 1)  I think we all expect that the contest sponsor will be brutally
"picky and exhaustive" in examining our entry, especially those entries from
world-class stations like KY1V/6Y1V.  We expect it and welcome it.  It's
what sponsors ought to do.  No one is protesting that kind of thorough
examination --- in fact, we all applaud it.  Just like we expect the IRS to
look for cheaters, but would loudly (and publicly) protest if our 1040 "log"
were released for public examination.

Point 2) Any protest which is not a "public spectacle" (your words) is not a
protest at all, now is it?

73, de Hans, K0HB