Re: [CQ-Contest] And now for something completely different......

To: Mark Beckwith <n5ot@n5ot.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] And now for something completely different......
From: Gerry Hull <gerry@w1ve.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 09:38:04 -0500
I have to agree with Mark.   My skills as a contester have been built by
relationships with those who know far more than I'll ever know.

Let me put in a plug for multi-ops.   This is my 31st year in contesting,
and, I've never really had a great station at home.  However, through
relationships with good friends, I've had the opportunity to operate with
people, and stations, that I would have never dreamed of years ago.   Many,
Many of today's SO superstars started at multi-ops, and
many not-as-well-known stars fill the chairs of multi-ops today.   SO is
fun, but for me, working with a great team, doing well and having fun is the
most satisfying aspect of the hobby.

No matter what the entry level, time on the radio making QSOs is the #1
skill builder in radio contesting.

73, Gerry W1VE