Re: [CQ-Contest] And now for something completely different......

To: "'Randy Thompson K5ZD'" <k5zd@charter.net>, "'CQ-Contest'" <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] And now for something completely different......
From: "W0MU Mike Fatchett" <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 13:35:04 -0700
Randy and I had similar starts in Radio.  I was also licensed at 13.  I
Spent countless hours on the radio and still managed to get good grades.  I
also started out with low dipoles on 40/15.  Made a big move to a 5 ele 10m
beam that was installed (if you can call it that) on just above the flat
roof of our house.  Fell in love with 10 meters as we were at or near the
top of a cycle.

I remember challenging another young friend in the Novice Roundup when it
was still around and having a bunch of fun.  I don't recall who won but that
got the competitive juices flowing.

I wish I could get my son's interested.  My youngest (13)has his tech but is
more interested in computers than radio.  Girls have not hit his radar
screen yet so there is still time.

Mike W0MU